Back-End Engineer (Integrations)
About the Backend Team
Our backend team works in a microservices-oriented architecture using modern technologies like Docker, Gitlab CI/CD, Kafka, gRPC, Spark, among others. We pride ourselves in using an “Infrastructure-As-Code” approach that ensures our code and infrastructure are secure and easily deployed in the cloud. Our engineers are empowered to try on new technologies and contribute to streamlining our stack while they evolve the platform to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Product development team to advance the product and technical roadmap.
- Build and maintain our integrations ecosystem (extensions, plugins, SDK) that connect the platform with third-party applications and services.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle by writing code, tests, documentation, attending daily stand-up and other meetings; and communicating effectively with peers and managers.
- Support our DevOps operation for production services in cloud infrastructure using modern tools and frameworks.
- Participate in mentoring activities, on-call rotation as appropriate to your domain expertise, bug triaging, and resolution.
- 2-5 years of industry experience in backend engineering roles.
- Proficient in Python.
- Deep understanding of object oriented design and programming, REST APIs and web applications.
- Experience in software development life-cycle on agile environments.
- Experience with source control tools (Git, GitLab), databases (SQL / NoSQL).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to prepare documentation and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with cloud service providers like AWS (preferred) or Azure.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field.
- Familiar with *nix systems, bash programming.
- Knowledge and passion for information security, trends, and leading practices.