Backend Engineer – Node.js + AWS
What you will enjoy working on
- Participate in both product discovery and product delivery cycles and have a real impact on the products owned by the team.
- Collaborate with other specialists and teams to develop new features, APIs, improvements, and fixes to handle our current and future scale.
- Build new features
- Be a part of the team’s on-call rotations.
- Help our customers have an awesome experience with our products especially in the areas of subscription, tenant and customer teams management.
Technologies and experience you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience as a backend or full-stack developer in the below technologies
- Experienced with AWS services such as API gateway, S3, lambda, RDS, serverless, EKS
- Proficiency with Node.js and at least one other server side language such as Python, Ruby, PHP
- Strong experience working with relational and document-based database technologies, mainly PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB and ORM libraries like Sequelize
You’d be a great fit if you
- Have a deep understanding of designing, writing, running, maintaining and debugging applications across the whole stack in one or more of the technologies listed above.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
- Have the ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a team environment.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results, and have excellent verbal communication skills
- Believe that writing code is just the tool to solve customer problems and solving them is what really matters. That said, you should have good problem solving skills
- Have a business-driven approach to software development and are focused on the outcomes rather than outputs.
- Have Attention to detail, and always place yourself in your customer’s place
Bonus points if you
- Have experience with a 24/7 SaaS product, running on a major vendor cloud
- Have experience with serverless application architecture on AWS
- Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Have experience solving problems connected with subscription management, teams access management and access auditing in SaaS products.
- Have knowledge in the Fintech space
- Preferred Time Zones: EU timezone, LatAm