Credit Risk Manager
This role can be based in either the USA, Canada, Argentina or Brazil
Our client is looking for someone to join the new Credit Risk team focusing on unsecured consumer lending consumer assets. The company is a leading consumer app launching consumer lending via mobile and card.
This is a new role created to launch a new credit business in the Middle East as part of a small global team. The candidate will be part of a team with access to senior management supervising several machine learning engineers while working with the product and tech team.
This position will be responsible for executing an independent, risk-based assurance review of consumer credit portfolio, including assessment of credit risk, lending practices and risk rating accuracy.
The general tasks will include execution of the Credit Review function by:
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Establishing the level of risk the company are willing to take and reporting of relevant risk metrics
- Evaluate and approve usage for internal and external credit scoring models built using both traditional and other advanced predictive technologies, segmentation and optimization tools
- Initiate and conduct studies of customer groups and product types and develop statistical/financial models for projections (i.e. acquisition financial models, probability of default/loss forecasts, revenue optimization).
- Initiate and conduct complex research projects and/or statistical models in programs such as account acquisitions, account management, collections, fraud and operations.
- Establish requirements for data maintenance and management and working with Engineering on implementation.
- Provide credible challenge on all aspects of credit risk management, identifying credit process weaknesses and credit risk trends and issues
- Establishing key reporting metrics for credit risk
- Ability to provide business leadership and partnering skills to help drive the organization towards critical decisions and deliverable results.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4-5 years of experience in consumer credit risk management, credit policy metrics in credit review assurance role, or a combination
- Familiar with BNPL, digital/neobank services or insurance products
- Formal Credit Training from a large bank or equivalent training in a regulatory office
- At least 5 years of experience in consumer credit risk management or similar capacity
- Strong writing and documentation skills in word and powerpoints
No visa sponsorship.