Data Engineer – IoT
We’re looking for a confident data engineer who will help build the data infrastructure vision by creating systems and datasets that the entire company will use. You will design, build, scale, and evolve our data engineering platforms, services and tooling. We are seeking someone who wants to back impact and lay a solid foundation as we are quickly expanding.
What You’ll Do
- Select, evaluate, and implement the newest and evolving technologies to collect high volume, infinitely cardinal data sets
- Own one of the most modern data infrastructures to create highly-efficient data pipelines that connect to the entire data infrastructure from Snowflake and Big Query to streaming technologies
- Design and implement data management services for data trust, data compliance, data access and scalable and configurable metadata management.
- Optimize data pipelines to scale to processing of 100B+ messages per day in real time
- Develop methods to ensure the integrity of very complex and evolving data sets
- 2+ years experience with Python or Golang OR excited to learn Python or Golang plus experience with Java, Rust, C/C++
- Demonstrate a sense of logic, decision making and problem resolution skills
- Experience with processing data in large volumes and managing with data stores
- Experience working with time-series data
- Experience profiling and optimizing systems in production
- Experience creating data pipelines with Kafka, Cassandra, and Clickhouse
- An opinion on Star Wars vs Star Trek