AKA: Member of Technical Staff (internal role name)
We are an ambitious, well-funded, high-growth global technology company transforming the hotel industry. We are passionate about creating innovative solutions to help hoteliers thrive. The work atmosphere is casual, flexible, collaborative, and, most of all, fun.
We seek a unicorn to join our industry-leading technology team co-founded by the former CTO of salesforce.com. Our technology stack includes Java server technologies, React, TypeScript, GraphQL, and patent-pending analytical methods on top of MongoDB and AWS.
The Software Engineer role will be part of the team responsible for implementing our latest user interface architecture across the suite of products, and working on new features in one of these products. In this role, you will collaborate closely with the rest of the team to build user experiences that enable hoteliers to optimize pricing decisions, forecasting, and reporting. More than 3000 hotels use out platform to price their rooms, amounting to over a million pricing decisions per day.
We are looking for someone passionate about working in a team, building beautiful and functional user experiences. You will be a great candidate for this job if you are:
- front-end focused and skilled in React, TypeScript and GraphQL,
- back-end focused and skilled in Java, Spring, GraphQL and MongoDB,
- willing to learn other technologies to become a full-stack developer.
What you’ll do:
- Build beautiful and functional user experiences with React, GraphQL, and TypeScript.
- Build scalable server-side Java applications and components.
- Build GraphQL APIs.
- Write automated tests within the Cypress, Jest, and JUnit testing frameworks.
- Deliver completed work with automated tests in an iterative agile environment.
- Be obsessed with quality – our products are used globally; our customers depend on our data and machine learning models to increase revenue and business efficiency.
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle of the product, including design, implementation, testing, rollout, and support of new and existing features.
- Champion engineering best practices in both design discussions and code reviews.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product managers, and UX designers to come up with innovative solutions to challenging customer problems.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- BS degree (finished or in progress) in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3+ years experience building enterprise-grade SaaS applications using Java or similar server-side technologies.
- Experience building modern, scalable web applications..
- Expertise in React.js and TypeScript, if you work more on the front-end side.
- Expertise in Java and Spring, if you work more on the back-end side.
- Experience with Cypress, Jest, and JUnit testing frameworks.
- Good communication skills in English and ability to collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and UI designers to solve customer problems.