SR QA Engineer – UI
The Company offers an end-to-end solution, delivered using a Software-as-a Service model that serves as the core operating system for mortgage originators and spans customer relationship management, loan origination, and business management. Its solutions help thousands of lender users to streamline and automate the mortgage origination process by increasing efficiency, facilitating regulatory compliance and reducing documentation errors.
Summary of Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer who will be responsible for the development, delivery and execution of code used to perform automated smoke and regression tests on a Loan Origination System and other mortgage systems.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on software testing requirements/ architecture, testing framework, automation framework, tools and technologies.
- Develops, manages complex data driven automation scripts and framework to support code drops in various environments for development, test and build deployment teams
- Designs automated tests, troubleshoots issues, and implements scalable test automation framework and solutions.
- Executes, updates and maintains existing test automation frameworks, solutions and test scripts
- Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution
- Collaborates with Automation Team, Dev and other team members to continuously refactor and improve automation framework for reusability and speed.
- Trains and mentor other junior and manual team members to execute and update automated regression suites
- Works closely with Developers, QA and other project team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
- Works closely with cross functional teams including end-to-end testing (ETET) teams for testing of application from end use perspective.
- Builds and provides reusable modules for ETET
- Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results
- Is proactive in following up with developers on open defects
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years’ experience working as a dedicated Test Automation Engineer
- 4+ years’ uninterrupted experience developing automation code in Selenium with Java, TestNG for web-based application.
- 4+ years supporting cross browsers, mobile and tablet testing
- 2+ hands on experience with GitHub
- 2+ year of experience testing with application using AngularJS, knowledge of Protractor, SOAP, REST web services testing.
- 2+ Hands-on experience on modern CI, CD, DevOps tools and infrastructure (Maven, Jenkins)
- 2+ year of experience working as a developer coding with a focus on workflow or framework.
- Prior experience working on a financial application preferably a Mortgage Loan Origination System a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and manual testing
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication;
- Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with internal departments and other outside parties in a professional manner.