UI Engineer – Next.js
This position will work in a React and associated technologies (i.e., Next.js, Redux, Apollo) codebase. All work done is expected to be covered by automated unit tests, so this position should have a strong understanding of automated testing and test-driven development. This position uses mobile-first design patterns and progressive web application development. An understanding of deployment, code management, and cloud infrastructure is a must, as this position will be involved in cloud-based delivery and deployment of new code and existing applications.
- 4-7+ years’ experience working with UI and Mobile development teams – preferably in an Agile development environment writing highly available, functional software and applications.
- Displays excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Helps scope engagement by providing detailed development time estimates and participating in the scrum process (e.g., refinement, standups, etc.).
- Ability to performance tune, debug, and troubleshoot medium to large scale client-side and Node based web applications.
- Familiar and comfortable with automated-tested development, writing unit cases and achieving 100% code coverage.
- Develop web applications using mobile-first responsive design.
- Single Page Application (SPA) experience (Angular, Vue) with experience and preference for React associated libraries and frameworks.
- Conceptual understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and Caching, and their utility in offloading traffic and improving site performance.
- Knowledge of retail industry
- Experience writing unit tests in Jest.
- Experience working with React, Redux, and Apollo Client
- Experience working with progressive web applications.
- Experience and understanding of cloud based infrastructure, deployment, and code management.
- Experience working with NodeJS, ExpressJS Apollo Server and GraphQL
- Experience working with Sass and CSS Modules.
- Experience working with the pre-compilers WebPack and Rollup.
- Experience in source code management, using Git and Gitflow.
- Experience in using and knowledge of Web services and APIs.
- Familiar with application performance monitoring, both client-side and server-side.
- Ability to setup their own development environment.