WordPress Software Engineer
We’re actively looking for a remote WordPress Software Engineer with (5+ for Senior and 3+ for Middle) years of experience to join our professional Engineering team on the project within the Finance unit.
Our client is a widely-known American company that is working on tools and advice for you to make it easy to pay off debt, choose the best of the best financial products and services (insurance, credit cards, etc.), and tackle your major life goals (saving for retirement, buying a house, etc.).
- Architect, develop, and maintain the client’s WordPress CMS, including configuration and new feature development
- Code review of teammates’ work
- Supporting other teams’ implementations atop the CMS platform
- Proactive maintenance for security, performance, and general maintainability
- Strong MySQL knowledge
- Proven expertise deploying and maintaining high performance WordPress sites
- Understanding of and experience with testing best practices (unit, integration, CI)
- Experience with editorial workflows and information architecture
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Proactive, self-starter, high degree of ownership
- Interest in new technologies emerging from the WP community
- Experience with WP’s Gutenberg editor is a plus
- Experience with headless WP/headless CMS is a plus
- Familiarity with WP CLI
- Familiarity with GraphQL is a plus
- Familiarity with SEO concepts and techniques is a plus
Overlap – Time zone – Pacific Daylight Time, we would like to overlap at least till 3 pm our time.